MapInfo∆ MapMarker∆ is based on the same geocoding engine, has the same user interface, and the same features as MapMarker Plus. The difference is in the data. MapMarker is our TIGER 98 based geocoding solution positioned for customers requiring a TIGER based product, who do not place a premium on street level geocoding, or who are simply more price sensitive.
In selecting MapMarker, over MapMarker Plus, customers can expect to receive 20-30% fewer addresses geocoded to the street level. MapMarker's address dictionary is updated semi-annually and TIGER updates are incorporated when received from the US Census Bureau.
The MapMarker Address Dictionary is based on TIGER 98 while MapMarker Plus incorporates enhanced data from GDT, Inc.
Use MapMarker to:
- Geocode large tables in batch mode for faster results
- Geocode interactively to maximize the number of matches and to control error rate
- Geocode to remote tables via ODBC
- Serve multiple simultaneous geocoding results from a single MapMarker engine
- Automatic and Interactive Geocoding - MapMarker runs in both automatic and interactive mode. Automatic mode may be used on the first pass to geocode most of the table. For unmatched records, interactive mode may be used to individually choose the best match from a list of suggestions.
- Candidate Visualization - Allows users to see where potential matches fall on a map before selecting a candidate. This feature is accessible via a map button in the Interactive dialog and the Quick Find dialog.
- Quick Geocode - For geocoding without all of the setup, the Quick Geocode button allows you to 'click and go'. The table will be geocoded with the current preferences without displaying the Geocode dialog. This feature requires that the table be opened previously in MapMarker in order to set the columns and geocoding preferences.
- Creating Output Columns on the Fly - MapMarker will automatically add columns to your local MapInfo (.tab) or dBase (.dbf) table to store latitude, longitude, and result codes. Other output columns can be created on the fly once your table is open in MapMarker.
- Custom Address Dictionaries - MapMarker makes it easy to create and use customized address dictionaries. This functionality uses the same indexing methods as the MapMarker address dictionary. Users can create large address dictionaries from MapInfo tables and geocode to them without significant performance degradation.